Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Salome visit the ER as a PATIENT!

Well, she went to sleep, then her foot fell asleep, then she got up to check on the boys and their toys, felt a horrible pain and
we headed off to the ER.















We spent several hours there, waiting in a full waiting room at 11pm and getting x-rays, and being examined. The doc believes that she has 1 or 2 torn ligaments in her ankle. Se torcio su tovio.
He also says that she needs to not be putting weight on it for 21-days so she borrowed crutches from the neighbors. She was suppose to get an injection of anti-inflammatory meds but after waiting around the nurses station with the injection in hand from the pharmacy, we decided it was so late we were going back home. So Salome was in a wheelchair, I could push her on flat surfaces, but Tanner had to push her onto the elevated surfaces, except he kept trying to fall asleep in the waiting room. Initially, she was leaning on him for support, but then he dropped her and she almost bit the dust. According to him-He almost killed her twice.

So, between the boys and Vale and I, we had to make the day work. I got up at 5:30am to get Vale up, Salome got up anyway. Fruitloops for breakfast, I was walking around as a zombie. Ko got up and got himself off to school. I drove Vale to school and got gas in the car, even though I wasn't sure I was going the right direction. It's all hills and valleys here.

Then Tanner was sleeping in cuz we got back at 1:30am. Then I drove Salome down the hill to the cow milking zone. Tanner went to cut down an old banana tree to feed the cow, but got the machete stuck when the tree fell over. He and I tried to pry it out, but then he had to get a second machete to get the first one out. Meanwhile Salome hops on one boot in and milks the cow.

I managed to slide into a fresh cow manure with my foot that was in a flip flop. It was disgusting. Of course the neighbor came by and said, some people felt that cow manure was very healing????!! what???
Then I got the van partially stuck trying to turn around to go back up the steep hill. I decided S wasn't going back down there.

Anyway Ko and I went down and did an awesome job of keeping the cow entertained with feed while we milked her. We got 4 liters of milk. Salome said this was a normal milking. The neighbor said they'd take the cow to their pasture and milk it till the buyer comes on Monday.

So No more milking cows. Hooray! I mean I can put it on my list of things I've learned to do with some proficiency but it's time to move onto a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment